Please attend a meeting with Ms. Perry on Tuesday, May 1st at 6:30 p.m. at DeBakey High School.
The current funding proposed for DeBakey in 18/19 school year is approximately $1,250,000 less than this current school year. These result of these cuts include the loss of the following:
- 4 teachers
- 1 Police Officer
- 2 clerks
- 3 graduate student hourly workers
- Before and after School tutorials
- 9 AP courses
- Orchestra/Music Appreciation
- UIL Competitions
- Field Lessons
1) To provide a status update on the budget cuts
2) To explain the implications of the budget cuts
3) To jointly agree on a plan of action
Please join us at this meeting so we can work together to make a change.