UNIFORM INFORMATION 2019-2020
Uniform sales at DeBakey HSHP are the exclusive activity of DeBakey PTO with the purpose of raising funds used to support the student classes, clubs, organization, and other enrichment activities while also helping parents find quality clothing items at reasonable prices in one place at one time. Our main event is the big summer sale right before the start of the school year. It is important that parents and/or students attend this event since our uniform inventory and choices will be their best at this time.
The SCHEDULE for uniform purchases will be the SAME as the schedule that students follow to pick up their computers and textbooks. We begin on Monday, Aug 19, at 0830 for incoming FRESHMEN w last names beginning A-M, then Tues. morning for freshmen w names N-Z. All sophomores may come on Wed., then juniors on Thurs., and seniors on Friday. There will be follow up sales on school days TBD.
Cash and credit cards (with a small fee) are accepted at all uniform sales. Please note that we do NOT accept checks. Students are encouraged to try on the items at the sale in order to be sure they fit as there are no exchanges or refunds.
The school handbook outlines the uniform requirements and should be consulted, but the following has proven to be a helpful list for incoming freshmen. Neither pants nor skirts are included in this sale.
- 4 embroidered polo shirts (usually worn Monday through Thursday)
- 1 spirit t-shirt This may be worn on designated Fridays as per school announcements.
- 2 PE t-shirts
- 1 pullover sweatshirt or hoodie
Below is a list of the required and optional uniform items and prices. Inventory can sometimes be limited as it is difficult to foresee what sizes and styles will be in demand from year to year.
- Unisex pique polo in white, royal blue, and navy – $21
- Ladies cut interlock polo in white, royal blue, and navy – $21
- Dri-fit unisex embroidered polo w knitted collar in royal (new this year) – $26 Standard in navy – $22.
- PE t-shirts – $10
- Spirit t-shirts – $12
- Sweatshirt – $26
- Pull over hoodie – $29 with zipper – $ 33
- Windbreaker – $34
- Heavier weight, cool weather jacket – Men’s in Navy, Ladies in White this year — $ 48
- Parent t-shirts – $12
For additional questions, please consult the handbook or contact email@example.com