Call for Applications
As schools get up and running after the flood, the City of Houston joins you in moving forward to get students back on track with programs that are educational, meaningful, and fun!
To that end, we are pleased to announce a call for applications for the 2017-2018 City of Houston Mayor’s Youth Council. The MYC provides high school students with opportunities to address issues that are important to Houston’s youth, while learning about city government and civic engagement.
- Open to high school students in grades 9 – 12.
- Applicants must live in the City of Houston city limits.
- Applications are reviewed and select students are offered an interview. Membership selection is based on final evaluation of interview and application.
- Members must commit to attending Council meetings and participating in scheduled service learning projects.
- Program term runs from October to May.
- Apply online at houstontx.gov/myc
- Deadline to apply is Monday, October 1, 2017
For more information contact MYC Advisors Patricia Harrington or Herb Sims at (832) 393-0931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.