DeBakey Aprons for Sale
Hello DeBakey HSHP Parents,
If you are looking for a great holiday gift for your loved one who enjoys cooking and baking, look no further. The PTO is selling an apron that has the school logo, a colorful “#1 High School, Houston Independent School District” message, an adjustable neck strap, as well as pockets for your pen and phone or recipe for only $15. Order yours today and have your Holiday shopping list checked off.
To order, please email email@example.com your name and the quantity that you need. You can pay (cash or check payable to DeBakey PTO) when you pick up at
BELLAIRE DENTAL CENTER, P.A.
8282 Bellaire Blvd., Suite 147
Houston, TX 77036
Mon, Wed, Thur., Fri, Sat: 10am-4pm (now until Dec. 23rd, no Tues and Sun)
We thank you for your continual support and wish your families a healthy, happy Holiday Seasons!
HOUSTON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
87TH TEXAS LEGISLATIVE SESSION PRIORITIES
- Maintain funding levels set in House Bill (HB) 3
- Protect HB 3 funding that helps address the needs of at-risk students and dyslexic students
- Eliminate penalties on school districts that provide property tax relief to homeowners
- In determining recapture thresholds, continue HB 3’s focus on student needs and consider extra costs not currently covered by school finance formula for special need students
- Provide additional funding to address the digital divide and to ensure connectivity for all students who need remote instruction
- Reestablish the telecom discount program to support distance learning
- Provide school districts the ability to quickly shift to remote instruction (both full-time or as-needed, as determined by the district) when a disaster has occurred
- Assist school districts in supporting families with remote instruction and needed technology, such as hot spots, to ensure that parents have the necessities for continued education of students
CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19) CONSIDERATIONS
- Help school districts with resources and flexibility in addressing staff shortages, attendance variations, health and safety issues, mental health issues, and truancy issues arising from COVID-19
- Address recapture problems that could arise from potential tax collection issues due to COVID-19
- Help school districts with funding to protect students with cybersecurity software and/or hardware appliances for internet filtering and other protective technologies
• Help school districts with funding to help with the systems management of devices such as computing devices and hotspots that include asset management, software application deployment, and engagement tracking